Baby Clinics and Breastfeeding Support Groups 2015
Breastfeeding Support Groups - High Peak
Chinley, New Mills
Every Wednesday Tea on the Green Chinley 10 am – 11 am
3rd Tuesday of every month. New Mills Children’s Centre. 10am – 11am
2nd Tuesday of every month. Whaley Bridge Uniting Church - 2pm - 3pm
Once a fornight on a Thursday. Breastfeeding Café . Pulse Café. 34 Union Road, New Mills, High Peak. SK22 3ES
Volunteer groups – Breastmates (local mums who have experience of breast feeding and have been trained to give support to new mums)
Breast feeding support worker – Kate Jenkinson 07805753734
07768 540951 (Buxton)
07917 552214 (High Peak)
Breastfeeding advice - Solving common breastfeeding problems
Most breastfeeding problems are linked to the way your baby attaches their mouth to your breast, including things like painful breastfeeding, sore or cracked nipples and swelling. It’s can also usually the cause of problems like prolonged feeding, poor weight gain or overly frequent feeding.
Signs that baby isn’t attaching their mouth to your nipple properly
- You can see baby’s bottom lip just under the base of the nipple.
- Discomfort or pain.
- Baby’s mouth not opening very wide.
- Cheeks sucking in with each jaw movement.
- Baby appears not to have sufficient breast in their mouth.
- A space between the chin and breast.
- Baby constantly sliding off the breast.
- Rapid sucking with not many swallows.
- Noisy feeding (usually clicking noises).
- Your nipple misshapen when baby releases your breast.
How do I know that my baby is feeding well?
- Your baby has a large mouthful of breast
- Your baby’s chin is firmly touching your breast
- It doesn’t hurt you to feed (although the first few sucks may feel strong)
- If you can see the dark skin around your nipple, you should see more dark skin above your baby’s top lip than below their bottom lip.
- Your baby’s cheeks stay rounded during sucking.
- Your baby rhythmically takes long sucks and swallows (it’s normal for your baby to pause from time to time).
- Your baby finishes the feed and comes off the breast on their own.
9:30am – 11:00am
9:30am – 11:00am
Healthy Child Clinic
1:30pm – 3:00pm
October 12th and 26th
November 9th and 23rd
December 7th and 21st
Buxton Library, Kents Bank Road, Buxton. SK17 9HW
October 6th and 20th
November 3rd and 17th
December 1st and 15th
Fairfield Children’s Centre, Victoria Park Road, Fairfield, Buxton. SK17 7PE
Harpur Hill Children’s Centre, Trent Avenue, Harpur Hill, Buxton. SK17 9LP
Breastmates (Support line – 07768 540951)
Breastfeeding Support Gp, 1st Thursday of the month 10-12am @ The Pavillion Gardens,Buxton
Comments, concerns and Complaints
If you have any comments, concerns or complaints and you would like to speak to somebody about them please telephone 01773 525119
Are we accessible to you? This publication is available on request in other formats (for example, large print, easy read, Braille or audio version) and languages. For free translation and/or other format please call 01773 525099 extension 5587, or email us email@example.com
High Peak Well Baby, Weigh, Stay and Play Clinics and
New Mills Children’s Centre
Spring Bank, New Mills,
Chapel Children’s Centre
Warmbrook Road, Chapel-en-le-Frith, SK23 0NL
Uniting Church, 35a Buxton Road, Whaley Bridge, SK23 7HT
1.45pm – 3.45pm
23rd Sept 2015
20th October 2015
28th October 2015
13th October 2015
17th November 2015
25th November 2015
10th November 2015
15th December 2015
23rd December 2015
8th December 2015