When We Are Closed
The surgery is always closed on the afternoon of the 2nd Wednesday of the month 12pm-6:30pm (apart from August & December).
The surgery is also closed weekends and bank holidays.
Working as part of North Peak Healthcare, we have opened an Out-of-Hours Centre/Urgent Care Centre. This is for urgent problems only and not for routine doctors appointments. This service is based in New Mills Clinic (Just past the swimming pool/Leisure Centre), Hyde Bank Road, New Mills and is open 18.30- 22:30 Monday to Friday, and 09:30 - 22:30 weekends and bank holidays. Outside these hours, please call 111.
You can access the service by phoning 111 or you can walk in.
Click on the link below to read full details of the service: http://www.derbyshirehealthunited.com/ContactUs/Locations/NHPUCC.aspx
Accident & Emergency Units
The nearest 24 hour A&E departments are at Stepping Hill Hospital and Macclesfield Hospital. There is also a minor injuries unit at Buxton Hospital - Please telephone 01298 214000 to ensure the unit is open before attending.
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
Christmas and New Year Opening Hours 2018/2019
The surgery is closed on the Christmas and New Year Bank Holidays:
- Tuesday 25th December 2018 - Urgent Care Centre opening hours 9.00am-10.00pm
- Wednesday 26th December 2018 - Urgent Care Centre opening hours 9.00am-10.00pm
- Tuesday 1st January 2019 - Urgent Care Centre opening hours 9.00am-10.00pm
Over the Christmas period the number of patients ordering prescriptions requests increase significantly, don’t get caught out!
- Order your repeat prescription in good time.
- Allow 5 working days for your request to be processed at the surgery.
- Please ensure you have adequate supplies of home remedies such as paracetamol and for children, paracetamol or ibuprofen suspension