Order your prescription on line by clicking on the link below
How to Order
- Tick items required on your re-order slip (white sheet attached to green prescription)
- Put re-order slip in repeat prescription box at reception desk
- If you have lost your re-order slip ask at reception for an order form
- If you cannot get to the surgery please send your request by post. Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you would like the prescription posted to you.
- Please write on the order form if you would like the prescription sent to either Bottom Chemist (B) opposite the surgery, or the Top Chemist (T) on Market Street, or to Chinley Chemist (CH)
- If you wish to order a medication you have previously been prescribed, but it is not on your re-order slip, please write the name of the drug clearly on your slip and the staff will consult with your GP. Your GP may contact you about this or will authorise the prescription.
- Online - Please register for this at Thornbrook Surgery reception.
When and Where to Collect Your Prescription
- Please allow 3 working days before collecting your prescription
- You may collect your medication from any of the chemists named above - don't forget to write your chosen chemist on the re-order slip.
Medication Review - When and Why:
It is important for the doctor or nurse to review your medication to ensure that:
- Your condition is controlled by the medication
- You are not getting any side effects
- If you need necessary blood tests
- When your review is due - A message will appear on your re-order slip. Please look out for this message and make either an appointment or speak to your GP on the telephone before requesting further medication.
- If you have recently seen your GP for a medication review please make a note of this on your re-order slip or tell the receptionist.
Medication no Longer Needed/Balancing Medication Items
- Please try to order all regular items together.
- If medication quantities are “out of step” please ask the GP to even these up when reviewed.
- If any items are no longer needed please write “delete” next to the items.
- To avoid over ordering - Our computer will alert us if you order sooner than 20 days for 28 days prescriptions or sooner than 40 days for a 56 day prescription.
- If you need to re-order your medication early, please put a note on your re-order slip so that the doctor knows the reason.