Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice offers a range of clinics and healthcare services:
- Asthma/Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease: This clinic is run by our specialist respiratory nurse in collaboration with the practice nurses and doctors.
- Blood Clinic: Due to Covid 19 blood clinics are pre-bookable appointments only to manage number of patients in the waiting room. Please ring to book an appointment.
- Ear Wax Process (leaflet): earwax leaflet
- Cervical Smears: These are normally performed by the practice nurses. If you are eligible you will receive a recall from the North Derbyshire Screening Service to attend the surgery for a smear.
- Childhood Immunisations: All the immunisations your child may need, in line with current guidelines, are given at the surgery by our practice nurses.
- Counselling: This service can be arranged through your GP.
- Diabetes: Diabetic patients are reviewed annually at our diabetic clinic. At these clinics patients are seen by a diabetic trained nurse and if indicated a doctor. Interim checks are done by our practice nurses.
- Family Planning: All doctors are happy to provide advice on all aspects of contraception during normal hours. In addition Dr Taylor runs a dedicated family planning clinic, for coils, implants and advice.
- Flu and Pneumovax Clinics: Influenza and pneumovax clinics are held each autumn for patients aged 65 and over and for those with chronic illnesses.
- Heart Disease/Stroke: Our practice nurses run these clinics.
- Leg Ulcers Clinics: The district nurses provide care and information for patients with leg ulcers.
- Maternity Care: When pregnant you may arrange to see the midwife directly. Please pick up the antenatal leaflet from reception.
- Physiotherapy: The practice offers in-house physiotherapy. An appointment can be arranged via self-referral or via your doctor. Please cancel your appointment if you cannot attend.
- Smoking: Do you want to stop? For help and support, please contact Derbyshire County Stop Smoking Service on either 01246 868425 or 08000852299.
- Warfarin: Our practice nurses hold two clinics per week to monitor and dose patients taking Warfarin.
- Chiropractor: - Private clinic Monday evening- For appointment contact the chiropractor on 01298 815041.
- C.A.B: Weekly session held every Thursday AM at Thornbrook. Appointments must be pre-booked. Advice given on wellfare benefits, debts, housing, employment, consumer, family & personel. This service is now fully operational again since Covid.