What if I no longer need the appointment I have booked?
Each week at Thornbrook Surgery we have the equivalent of one whole day of surgery appointment time wasted. This time is wasted because many patients book appointments and then do not come along for their appointment. These are referred to as a Did Not Attend (DNA).
If you have supplied us with your mobile telephone number, we will send you a text reminder in advance of your appointment. When you receive this, if you know you no longer want the appointment please let us know.
It’s easy to let us know that you wish to cancel your appointment, you can:
· Telephone us on 01298 812725 or via the askmygp system and we will be happy to cancel your appointment
· You can call in to the surgery.
Where patients do not let us know that they no longer want their appointment, Thornbrook Surgery will take the following steps:
For any missed appointment in a 12 month period:
· You will receive a telephone call or letter to enquire if you are alright and to ask why you were not able to attend your appointment.
· If you do not attend for your appointment for a second time in the 12 month period a second call or letter will be arranged explaining the next stage of our appointment cancellation policy.
· If you do not attend for your appointment a third time in this 12 month period the partners and manager at Thornbrook Surgery will discuss this. It may be that this discussion will result in you being asked to reigster at another surgery.
Thornbrook Surgery does not want to ask patients to move to another surgery. The easiest way to stop this happening to you is to let us know if you are unable to attend for any of your booked appointments at the surgery.
Thank you in anticipation of your co-operation.