Electronic Prescribing System EPS
The Electronic Prescription Service (EPS) is an NHS service that allows your GP to send your prescription to a place of your choice.
When your order your repeat prescription, you must nominate a pharmacy that you want to pick it up from. This nomination will be saved to your GP records and each subsequent prescription will be sent there too. If you want to change your nominated pharmacy, let us know when you request your prescription - if it is a one-off, remember to change your nomination back on your next request.
Ordering your repeat prescriptions
Ways to order:
- Hand in/post your re-order slip (white sheet attached to green prescription) at reception
- Tick all items required
- Name of your nominated pharmacy if your using EPS (above)
- If you wish to order a medication you have previously been prescribed, but it is not on your re-order slip, please write the name of the drug clearly on your slip. Your GP may contact you about this before authorizing the prescription.
- If you have lost your re-order slip ask at reception for an order form.
- Please enclose a stamped addressed envelope if you would like the prescription posted to you.
- See the Online Access to GP Services page under the Our Services tab to sign up
Please allow 3 working days before collecting your prescription. We cannot issue emergency prescriptions.
It is important for the doctor or nurse to review your medication to ensure that:
- Your condition is controlled by the medication
- You are not getting any side effects
- If you need necessary blood tests
Your review date will be shown on your re-order slip. When your review is due, please request an appointment with a GP.
Balancing medication items
- Please try to order all regular items together.
- If any items are no longer needed please inform us when requesting your repeat prescription
- To avoid over ordering our computer will alert us if you order sooner than 20 days for 28 days prescriptions or sooner than 40 days for a 56 day prescription
- If you need to re-order your medication early, please put a note on your re-order slip